Source: Emma Duran
ANTONIO RATING: 31/2 OUT OF 5 STARS
Just made this up for dinner tonight and could have had 2 bowls it turned out so good! Quinoa (pronouced keen-o-a) is a south american grain, like rice or couscous, that has a ton of protein. I buy it at my local bulk food store.
1/4 c. quinoa
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
8 c. chicken stock
3/4 c. dry green lentils
2 bay leaves
salt & pepper to taste
1. Place quinoa in a bowl of cold water and soak for 5 in.
2. Heat oil in a large pot.
3. Add onion and garlic, sautee until onion is translucent.
4. Drain and rinse quinoa and add to the pot.
5. Add the lentils and bay leaves.
6. Bring to a boil then simmer for approximately 25-30 min., stirring occasionally.
7. Remove the bay leaves and add salt and pepper to taste at the end.