Click to enlarge picture
Source: Emma Duran
ANTONIO RATING:4 OUT OF 5 STARS
8 potatoes, diced
4 medium sweet potatoes, diced
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. olive oil
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 c. frozen corn kernels
2 Tbsp. chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. skim milk
1. Bring the potatoes and sweet potatoes to a boil in a large pot of salted water. Cook until fork tender. When the potatoes are ready, drain them and then whip them with a hand mixer along with the butter, first amount of milk and salt.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Sautee the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the lean ground beef and cook until all the pink is gone.
4. Drain as much of the oil off of the meat as possible.
5. Add the corn, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 min.
6. Sprinkle the flour on top and mix it in.
7. Add the second amount of milk and cook for 3-4 min.
8. In a 9 x 13 in. casserole place the meat mixture in first, then top with the mashed potatoes.
9. Sprinkle with paprika.
10. Cover with tin foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 min.
11. Remove the tin foil and bake for another 10 min.