ANTONIO RATING: 4 OUT OF 5 STARS
2c. packed, coarsely chopped fresh basil
1/3 c. grated parmesan
1/3 c. olive oil
2 Tbsp. pine nuts or walnuts
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 clove garlic, smashed
1/2 c. half-and-half cream
1. Place all the ingredients into a blender and process until blended. Cover and refridgerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
4 cloves garlic, smashed
2 cans diced tomatoes
3 carrots, coarsely chopped
1 large onion, diced
1/2 can tomato paste
1/4 c. olive oil
1/4 c. finely chopped fresh basil
Sea salt to taste.
1. Heat oil in a large pot.
2. Add garlic, onions and carrots. Cook until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the tomato paste. Cook 30 sec - 1 min.
3. Add the tomatoes and bay leaves.
4. Cook for approximately 30-40 minutes until the carrots are soft.
5. Remove the bay leaves and using hand blender puree the sauce until completely processed.
6. Add the chopped basil and salt.
1. Layer cooked whole wheat rotini then tomato sauce and a dolop of the pesto cream on top.