Source: Emma Duran
ANTONIO RATING: 5 OUT OF 5 STARS
Why would anyone buy applesauce when it's SOOOO easy to make?
8 sweet apples (e.g. fuji, gala, delicious ...)
1/2 - 1 c. water
1/4 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
1/8 tsp. nutmeg (optional)
1. Peel, core and chop apples. Place in a medium saucepan.
2. Add just 1/2 c. of water to begin.
3. Place over high heat to bring to a boil. When it starts to boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer.
4. After about 4-5 min., using a potato masher, start to stir and mash the apples as they cook.
5. Keep cooking and mashing until the applesauce is the right consistency (some people like chunky applesauce, some people like it smooth. If you like really smooth applesauce, once it's all cooked use a hand blender to puree it down nice and smooth).
6. Add the cinnamon and nutmeg at the end.
7. Remove from heat and let cool.