Source: Emma Duran
ANTONIO RATING: 5 OUT OF 5 STARS
This is a typical no-bake bar recipe that I made healthier every way I could. Less butter, large flake oats instead of quick-cooking, added flax seed, dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet, and all natural peanut butter.
3/4 c. butter
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 3/4 c. large flake cooking oats
1/4 c. ground flax seed
1 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate bar
1/2 cup all-nautral peanut butter
1. Spray a 9x9 inch square pan with cooking spray.
2. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Mix in the oats and flzx seed.
3. Cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until ingredients are well blended.
4. Press half of mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Reserve the other half for topping.
5. Meanwhile, melt dark chocolate and peanut butter in a small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth.
6. Pour the chocolate mixture over the crust in the pan, and spread evenly.
7. Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer, pressing gently.
8. Cover, and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
9. Bring to room temperature before cutting into bars.