This is the kind of meal you could get in a fancy restaurant, but you know exactly what has gone into it and you get to control the amount of fat, salt, etc. Every single one of these things is super-easy to make, each has 4 steps or less.
1 large Salmon filet, cut into serving-sizes
Place the Salmon directly onto a hot barbeque grill and cook until opaque throughout, flipping once.
1/4 pineapple, 1/4" dice
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/4 red onion, fine dice
2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Whole Wheat CousCous
3/4 c. whole wheat cous cous
3/4 c. chicken stock
1. Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan.
2. Add the couscous and remove from heat. Stir, cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
3. Fluff with a fork.
1 tsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 c. baby spinach
1/4 c. chicken stock
splash of hot pepper vinegar (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan.
2. Add garlic, sautee 1 min.
3. Add spinach and chicken stock. Cook, stirring for 4-5 min. until spinach is wilted.
4. Add vinegar at the end, if using.