Source: Emma Duran
ANTONIO RATING: 5 OUT OF 5 STARS
Perfect for when guests are coming, you want to have left-overs or, god bless you, you're the mother of 5!
16-18 potatoes, peeled and halved
1/2c. fat free sour cream
3/4 c. skim milk
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, diced
2 lb. lean ground beef
1/4 to 1/3 c. flour
1 c. skim milk
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 c. frozen corn kernels
1/2 c. frozen peas
1. Preheat oven to 375º.
2. Bring potatoes to a boil in a large pot of salted water. Continue to boil until the potatoes are fork-tender.
3. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large frying pan.
4. Sautee garlic & onion 1-2 min.
5. Add the ground beef and brown.
6. Drain off excess fat.
7. Sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper.
8. Add 1 c. milk, mix well.
9. Add the corn and peas, mix well.
10. Once the potatoes are cooked, drain water. Add sour cream, 3/4 c. milk and salt. Puree with a hand mixer.
11. Spray a 9 x 13" pan with cooking spray.
12. Place the meat mixture in the bottom.
13. Top with mashed potato mixture.
14. Cover and place in the oven for 45 min.
15. Remove cover and continue to cook for 10 more min.